Mock Tuna Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, mashed
- (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced yellow onion
- I added some dry dill
Refried Beans Without the Refry
- 3 cups dry pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/2fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 9 cups water
1.Place the onion, rinsed beans, jalapeno, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin into a slow cooker. Pour in the water and stir to combine. Cook on High for 8 hours, adding more water as needed. Note: if more than 1 cup of water has evaporated during cooking, then the temperature is too high
2.Once the beans have cooked, strain them, and reserve the liquid. Mash the beans with a potato masher, adding the reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/16 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 cups cooked fettuccine (or other pasta of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons freshly minced parsley
1. In a blender, grind cashews and pine nuts into a fine powder. Add water, lemon juice, garlic, nutmeg, and salt. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Transfer sauce to a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk as you bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7 minutes, whisking regularly. Stir in black pepper.
3. Serve over hot pasta and garnish with parsley and fresh ground pepper to taste.